FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennhieser EK 100 Wireless Receiver

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sal Moccardi
Sennhieser EK 100 Wireless Receiver
on Apr 12, 2012 at 8:07:02 pm

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any answers. I have a Samson UHF Series ONE UM1 Micro Diversity Wireless Lav system and I recently purchased a Sennheiser Evolution Series Wireless EK 100 Receiver / SK 100 Transmitter. I am also using a Sure SCM268 Mic Mixer.

Problem happens only with the Sennheiser. When I plug in the EK 100 into the Sure and turn up the volume I hear a loud hum interference. This does not happen with the Samson at all. Even when I plug the EK 100 directly into my Camera (Sony V1U) I still hear a hum. Camera is not plugged into anything I am using battery power.

Any suggestions. Does it have anything to do with frequencies? Even with everything else oFF it still hums the minute I turn up the volume on the line with the Senn but not at all with only the Samson running.

Sal

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Sennhieser EK 100 Wireless Receiver
on Apr 13, 2012 at 6:01:07 am

No, it has nothing to do with frequencies.
It could be the EK 100 Receiver. You didn't tell us whether you bought it new or used?

It seems much more likely to be the cable. You did not describe that cable, and any possible other things like adapter plugs, etc. Where did you get the cable? Is is supposed to be wired properly for this application? Does it work properly with other equipment?

Return to posts index

Sal Moccardi
on Apr 13, 2012 at 6:16:15 am

It's brand new. Bought from music friend website. The cable is new. Mini to XLR. This is the first application just using it with my Sony HDV camera.

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Apr 13, 2012 at 1:30:41 pm

The Sennheiser output cable is wired unbalanced, 3.5mm trs to xlr male and is made to work into a mic level xlr input. It comes with the package.

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]