FORUMS: list search recent posts

Senheiser G3 transmitter to church audio mixer: how?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerald Baria
Senheiser G3 transmitter to church audio mixer: how?
on Apr 5, 2012 at 9:06:53 am

Hi guys. We do wedding videos in the Philippines and audio is our biggest problem. We recently bough an fs100 with two xlr inputs and been having great quality sound for interviews using a lav mic from senheiser g3. Bt in the church ceremonies which is very essential, what we do is place the lav mic near the speaker to be able to record clear sound of the ceremony. I know if we record directly off the sound mixer we will get better audion, so how can we do this with the g3? I tried using the output cabe to 3.5 jack and inserted it to the sen transmitter but it did not get any audio? How may we set this up? Is it even possible?

Quobetah
New=Better

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Senheiser G3 transmitter to church audio mixer: how?
on Apr 5, 2012 at 2:41:51 pm

The output cable for the G2/3 has a male XLR at the end for output. You want a cable with a female xlr on the end or a turnaround XLR (female to female adapter)for input to your transmitter.

Be aware that most mixers if not all in that catagory do not have mic level outputs and most likely do not have xlr output connectors.

The simplest way would be to place a transmitter with a lav mic on the speaker and adjust the level as required.

I know many "event videographers" who do that and find that it works just fine for their needs.

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]