FORUMS: list search recent posts

BeachTek DXA-2T XLR vs. Tascam DR-40

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael West
BeachTek DXA-2T XLR vs. Tascam DR-40
on Mar 27, 2012 at 5:32:51 pm

Good morning:
Just discovered the BeachTek DXA-2T XLR system after purchasing the Tascam DR-40.
Regarding sound capture, will the DR-40 give better overall quality than the Beachtek, since the Beachtek goes to the camera audio input (in this case into a Canon HG20) vs going into the DR-40 with its choices for capture?
I will be using Sony ECM-55B lavs with them.
Thanks again.
Michael "El Audio Noobo Primero" West

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: BeachTek DXA-2T XLR vs. Tascam DR-40
on Mar 27, 2012 at 7:04:13 pm

Yes. The DR40 is a very good recorder with many options that the Beachtek is not designed to do as it's not a recorder. Besure to read the DR40 manual to understand all the functions the DR40 offers. Smart choice on your part.

Eric

Return to posts index

Michael West
on Mar 27, 2012 at 8:12:50 pm

Thanks, but in this case, "smart choice" came down to best equipment within in my current budget to best do what I want to do (be do be do).
Gotta share this with an audio person (and why I'm happy with my purchase):
Last night turned on the recorder, experimenting, capturing noise in the living room: TV, our parrots, ambient sounds. My wife said something, sitting about 6 feet to my left. It didn't really register individually.
Downloaded to the computer, and while listening, on good headphones, to the playback, the statement my wife made "that sounds beautiful" made me jump because the quality was so good, it seemed she had snuck into the room behind me. Scared the bejesus out of me. I listened to it about 10 times and was amazed at the purity. Can't wait to use it with the lav mic I have coming.
Thanks for "listening".
Michael

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Mar 28, 2012 at 2:48:42 am

Hello Michael,

Your job, should you decide to accept it, is to find out and report back to us. :)

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]