FORUMS: list search recent posts

Where to get out-of-warranty gear serviced? (Marantz PMD661 specifically)

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Byrd
Where to get out-of-warranty gear serviced? (Marantz PMD661 specifically)
on Mar 27, 2012 at 4:29:19 pm

For no apparent reason, my Marantz PMD661 stopped working last week. It simply won't turn on, with batteries or the power adapter. Since it's a little more than a year old, Marantz won't have anything to do with servicing it. I'm in New Orleans, Louisiana and there doesn't seem to be an authorized third-party service center here.

Marantz recommended All Star Electronics in Tampa, Florida, but I'm a little wary about using them. I called All Star. After describing the situation, they said they had no idea what the problem was, but that it would cost about $250 to repair. Sounds like they'll charge me $250 even if it's something simple.

Can anyone recommend a trustworthy repair center? Where do you take your out-of-warranty gear? I have a job coming up very soon and I need to have this thing working!

Return to posts index

Tony Koretz
Re: Where to get out-of-warranty gear serviced? (Marantz PMD661 specifically)
on Mar 30, 2012 at 9:51:44 pm

That's a bummer. I take it that you have tried removing and re-installing the batteries? Every now and then (usually weeks apart) my PMD661 doesn't power up. If I remove and re-install the batteries it always starts up following that.
I can't really help with advice on fixing thhem since I am in NZ though sorry.

Rocksure Soundz
http://rocksuresoundz.com

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: Where to get out-of-warranty gear serviced? (Marantz PMD661 specifically)
on Apr 5, 2012 at 1:30:21 am

I don't know if they service audio, but try Roger Macie at Macie Video in Dedham, MA. (781) 326-3135 they are top-notch techs.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]