FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Tools 9.0.5 DAE error -9126

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Bright
Pro Tools 9.0.5 DAE error -9126
on Mar 23, 2012 at 12:32:35 pm

Hi guys,
Having a problem importing a DV PAL video file into Pro Tools.

I initially trashed Pro Tools Preferences, emptied the trash and re started the computer.
I created a blank session changing the settings to:

Audio File Type: BWF(.WAV)
Sample Rate: 48kHz
Bit Depth: 16 Bit
I/O Settings: Stereo Mix

These are the settings I usually use to mix with.

I then imported the video again and had the same error.

So, I imported the last video I used to mix with into this project and the same error came up.

I then thought it could be a drive permission issue... because when I created a test project on the desktop and import the video, it worked fine but when I create a project on the drive it won't import either the old video or this new one.

I've repaired the permissions on the partition, and all the folders leading up to the audio mix project ARE read & write.

Still having the same error...
Also, it may be worth mentioning that the video itself imports BUT it's the audio that links to it that won't.

I'm on a tight deadline so I need to get this mix on the go asap.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Sarah

Return to posts index

Michael Martin
Re: Pro Tools 9.0.5 DAE error -9126
on Mar 23, 2012 at 2:23:21 pm

I've gotten DAE errors before but not this one.

one duc thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=268278

another thread: http://socialsounddesign.com/questions/8350/protools-dae9126-error

Definitely drive related. What type of drive is it? Full size drive or notebook drive? Raid? USB, FW, or other?

I use an owc 2 drive raid 0 over FW with no problems.

-Michael Martin
Martin Media Company LLC
Location Sound/Audio Post Production/Sound Design

Return to posts index

Sarah Bright
on Mar 23, 2012 at 2:52:51 pm

Thanks for that... it's G-Tech 2TB drive with 2 partitions. Raid A and B.

I did the necessary described in the second link but no joy.

I've decided to use another projects online drive to begin this mix, as I've already been put back 6 hours :/

Do you think maybe a re-format would help? OR, to cut my losses and get a separate drive?
I know audio and video media should be on separate drives but the clients generally like to keep budgets down where possible.
x

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:27:07 pm

Okay, we know that video files are referenced in PT and not actually imported into a file folder in the same fashion as audio. If the video file is moved after the reference link is established PT can become "confused." Also, PT seems to prefer DV stream video, at least for me, and I've found that PT works better if the video file is on a different drive than the session file(s). Neither the video file nor the sessions should be on the same drive as the OS and software.

I've found that PT does not "play nicely" with RAID drives. And, personally, I've found that PT works better with FireWire then USB.

And, sometimes, once the session is "corrupted" (had a DEA error) it's easier to create a new session - start with the video link/import first to insure it works properly - and then "Import Session Data" of all the tracks from the "corrupted" session once you're sure that the video works okay. If the problem persists after importing the session data import the tracks one at a time until the problem recurs.

I hope this helps...

Peace,

Bob

Return to posts index

Sarah Bright
on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:38:13 pm

Hi Bob, thanks for that.

I never move the video reference once it's been imported.
Luckily, I only just created the project - starting with importing/ referencing the video first.

The reference files ARE actually stored onto the Mac internal HD, but I've never had this problem until now.
Why should the reference QTs not be stored on the HD with OS and Software?

This is, however, the first time I've used a raided drive for a mix.
I've just requested another drive for the sound mixes.

I've never had a DEA error before, is a DEA error basically some kind of corruption within the PT project?

Thanks again,
Sarah

Return to posts index

Michael Martin
on Mar 23, 2012 at 4:09:35 pm

Hmmm, the g-tech should be good but have you used this drive the same way before? The DV files shouldn't be a problem, better than any compressed format. Are you using both partitions for any reason? I have heard in the past that partitioning an external drive like that can cause some weirdness but I don't have anything to back it up. Backing up the drive and re-partitioning to a single partition on the drive may help and wouldn't hurt. What system are you running pro tools on and what file format is your drive?

-Michael Martin
Martin Media Company LLC
Location Sound/Audio Post Production/Sound Design

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Mar 23, 2012 at 7:28:33 pm

Hello Sarah and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Some great advice here and thanks for sharing your Pro Tools experiences here at the Cow. As a Pro Tools user, myself, I'm liking Bob's corrupted session theory.

I've had it happen once or twice and I plumbed the depths only to find that the problem went away with a new production.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
on Mar 26, 2012 at 3:25:55 pm

"Why should the reference QTs not be stored on the HD with OS and Software?"

It used to be that the drives weren't fast enough to run streaming video (I've always used .dv stream QTs) and the PT software and/or the PT session on those drives at the same time, so it's become a habit. I don't change things that have always worked for me - a drive for .dv streaming video (all videos go to this drive) and a drive for the PT session with another drive for back-up/archiving. The drives are never partitioned. Like I said, this is really old school (I started with PT 5.xx), but the work flow has never failed me so I don't mess with success.

Peace,

Bob

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Mar 26, 2012 at 3:49:27 pm

I'm with Bob on this point.

I have a Sys/App drive and a Projects/Media Drive. If the System crashes, my projects and media are safer and on one drive. I back up both drives daily with Carbon Copy Cloner to separate drives.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide
Ty Ford Blog: Ty Ford's Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]