Audio Input
Digital:
24-bit SDI embedded audio, 8 channel, 48kHz
HDMI embedded, 2 channel
Analog:
24-bit A/D, 2 channel balanced (2 XLR), 48kHz
Input level: Line, Mic, Mic + phantom 48Vdc
2 channel unbalanced (2 RCA)

However, I am not crazy about Ki Pro's metering and headphone output which needs to be RTNed to our mixer. When I switch between RTN and stereo on the headphone switch on our SD 302s you can hear this huge change in the quality of sound and do not think this is the actual quality being recorded.

And I'd like a high end recorder to teach double system recording and for music recording, room tone, ambient sound, wild sound, buzz track etc .

Questions:
1. How much difference will the actual recorded sound quality be between these two recorders (Ki Pro vs 744T)?

2. How do I learn what settings to use on the 744T to be able to keep our audio in sync with different frame rates and settings in our cams. We are using Canon HV40s, Sony z7us and Panasonic AG-HPX170 P2HD and PANASONIC AG-HPX250 P2 camcorders. The Sony and Pana cams have a huge variety of choices. However I like to use the Ki Pro (Pro Res 422) for higher end productions and our FLY pack records to Ki Pro as well. (The fly pack uses a mackie mixer). I assume that more cams and codecs will be added in the future while our mixers and recorders will still be around.

OSX 10.5.8; MacBookPro4,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]