FORUMS: list search recent posts

A personal note of thanks.

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ty Ford
A personal note of thanks.
on Feb 7, 2012 at 12:36:48 am

To all of the great people and their great attitudes who hang out here in the audio forum to help others.

I was in another forum recently to ask a question and got a whiney "people ask that all the time" response. I suggested the responder not bother to help me because he sounded bored to death. All I wanted was a fairly simple answer, not a lot of wanh, wanh, wanh attitude.

Thanks guys for making THIS particular forum such a great resource.

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: A personal note of thanks.
on Feb 7, 2012 at 7:14:49 am

Dang- that's really a bummer Ty. Of all the folks I come across on the Cow you're by far one of the the sweetest and most generous with their knowledge. Sorry that happened from someone who didn't bother to learn who you are- but don't let it get to you. Your efforts are much appreciated- I learn all the time from what you have to share.

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Panasonic AC160/130.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Feb 7, 2012 at 1:04:41 pm

Noah,

I'm guessing someone peed in his Wheaties that morning. We all have bad days. Thanks for being one of the Audio Forum's most helpful contributors.

Regards,

Ty

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
on Feb 7, 2012 at 4:54:30 pm

It is interesting how different forums develop different "personalities". A composite of the personalities of the participants, to be sure. But I agree with Mr. Kadner that Mr. Ford's graciousness sets an excellent example and an expectation of civility and friendliness in this neighborhood. Thanks back at you, Ty.

Return to posts index

Andrew Lewis
on Feb 9, 2012 at 5:38:48 pm

I agree with you. There's no need to be rude or say useless things. A better way to answer people IF you really feel the need to say stuff like "People ask this all the time" is to actually help them, or answer any question they might have and then say at the end in a polite way that he/she should search the forums before asking questions since what they asked is asked quite often therefore he/she might be able to find the information they're looking for faster if they search the forum.

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Feb 19, 2012 at 5:41:01 pm

or post a link or three. that both answers the question and suggests a pathway for future direction. Truth is if you are confused by some aspect of production you might not even know how to search for it. Or you might search and get hundreds of hits that just adds to your feeling of being clueless. Things are changing so fast that everyone on the cow is a newbie at some point in time. If you are using DVDSP you are working in an EOL app. Nothing wrong with that but sooner than later everyone who has mastered the workflow in that app will need to master a new one.

I also wonder if certain disciplines are more resistant to the economic stress/changes than others. If I were to hire one pro in an otherwise barebones production, it would be an audio pro. Maybe that's true for others and might explain why this is a more friendly forum. Not sure, but some forums are more tolerant than others.

OSX 10.5.8; MacBookPro4,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]