FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keeping track of Effects and Production Music

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Durwood Hibbard
Keeping track of Effects and Production Music
on Jan 20, 2012 at 1:43:29 pm

I am not sure this is the best place to post this question but I thought I would try.

This question is in reference to sound effects and production music that is used during post production work for Video.

So now the question... Any suggestions on how to best organize and keep track of items so that they can be quickly accessed?

Return to posts index

André Engelhardt
Re: Keeping track of Effects and Production Music
on Jan 20, 2012 at 3:15:03 pm

Hi Durwood,

can you give a bit more information on what you're trying to do?

I have used all kinds of methods to keep track of data, mostly using Filemaker and other database applications, sometimes simple text files and on bigger projects SQL databases that had the actual assets included online.

Are you looking to have a playback system, something linked to your editing application, to exchange information with other folks working on the same project etc. ?

--
Audio Engineer, Sound Designer
Video- and Photographer
http://www.andreengelhardt.net

Return to posts index

Durwood Hibbard
on Jan 20, 2012 at 4:00:12 pm

I am looking for a good way to take Stock audio files, Stock video files, stock photos that I have purchased for projects or received for free and keep them organized so that as my library grows I know what I have and can be able to pull something up in a quick manor.

Most downloaded files I have purchased or have received for free have a long file name that doesn't really explain what it is. So I usually change it but beyond that I am not sure of a good way to keep every thing organized.

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Jan 20, 2012 at 7:15:36 pm

Folders and subfolders...that's the best advice I can give you. You can also create a document of some sort and use hyperlinks to various folders/files for quick access.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]