FORUMS: list search recent posts

I know little about sound.. can anyone recommend a good setup for interviewing on a 7D?!

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley Davis
I know little about sound.. can anyone recommend a good setup for interviewing on a 7D?!
on Jan 10, 2012 at 3:00:38 pm

Hi Guys.

Really could use with some help here. I am a camera op and know very little about sound or audio equipment.

I will be carrying out numerous interviews over the coming months so need a good setup to give me some nice audio for interviewing in public areas such as shops and restaurants.

I will be filming on a Canon 7D with a Rode shotgun mic but need a clip on lav mic as well. I'm guessing this means I will need an audio recorder with the lav mic.

Two questions:

1. Will the sound be dependent on the lav mic so does it make a difference on how good an audio recorder I go for?

2. With a budget of around £200 - £300, can someone simply recommend some equipment to go for so I can finally make the purchase and stop researching!

Thank-you :)

Return to posts index

Juan Peña
Re: I know little about sound.. can anyone recommend a good setup for interviewing on a 7D?!
on Jan 10, 2012 at 7:16:43 pm

Sennheiser EW 112 P EW112P G3 Wireless Lav

Zoom H4N.

Have cam mic open so you can sync in post.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: I know little about sound.. can anyone recommend a good setup for interviewing on a 7D?!
on Jan 11, 2012 at 5:07:43 pm

Yeah.

The alternative to an external recorder would be to record sound on the camera and to do that you'd have to install something like Magic Lantern software to turn off the AGC, then use a Juicedlink or Beachtek mic preamp.

TBH as long as you do a sync clap, syncing up the sound from an external recorder isn't a big deal, and there isn't a huge difference in price between using an external recorder and an external mic preamp (until you look at the bigger, more versatile recorders, which is rather moot at the kind of budget you've posted).

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Jan 11, 2012 at 5:58:26 pm

sound devices micpre-d if budget allows is way better preamp.

wired lav more cost effective and better quality at any given price point.

OSX 10.5.8; MacBookPro4,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]