FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the best video compressor and converter?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Levan Katsadze
What is the best video compressor and converter?
on Dec 1, 2011 at 1:10:14 pm

Hello, I want a converter or compressor software to compress videos with highest quality, I don't mind performance or speed or such king of things, I just want highest quality. I know Sorenson Squeeze is good, but is there other software which is realy the best of all compressors?

Thanks a lot...

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: What is the best video compressor and converter?
on Dec 2, 2011 at 2:05:53 am

Hello Levan and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

I think you'd be better off asking this question in another forum.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Cow Audio Forum Leader
Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
on Dec 2, 2011 at 3:13:27 am

[Levan Katsadze] "Hello, I want a converter or compressor software to compress videos with highest quality, I don't mind performance or speed or such king of things, I just want highest quality. I know Sorenson Squeeze is good, but is there other software which is realy the best of all compressors?

Thanks a lot..."

Well...

If we re-wrote this it would make essentially the same sense in a way that might be more familiar to you...

Hello, I want a sandwich or a wrap to eat. I want it to be of the highest quality. I don't care about the garnish or dressings on such a sandwich - I just want the BEST possible sandwich. I know that Ruben sandwiches are good - but is there another kind of sandwich that is considered the "best" of all sandwiches?

Thanks a lot.

As you can see from my lame little parody, there really is NO sensible answer to that question. It's TOTALY dependent upon taste. Compression that looks WONDERFUL to a guy who wants to put their video on an iPhone, might suck rocks for another guy who wants to deliver a movie to a huge digital theatre - and vice versa. That's just one example of how different the game can be to two users.

Essentially, "compression" just like "sandwiches" is too complex and varied a subject to reduce to one "best" candidate.

FWIW.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Connor

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Dec 2, 2011 at 10:19:49 am

I've got Sorensen Squeeze, Apple's Compressor and MPEG Streamclip and TBH each one does something differently to the others which makes it slightly more convenient than the others for a particular job. Where you get the difference in quality isn't really in which one you use, but which settings you choose for the job in hand.

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Boulay
on Dec 2, 2011 at 4:07:32 pm

Hi Levan,

Hop on over to the Compression Techniques forum with a precise description of your usual workflow and delivery medium and you should get more precise answers. We don't have enough information about what you want to do to point you in any direction.

IHTH,

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

Noel Graf
on Jul 25, 2014 at 9:43:30 am

Though there are many Video Compressors, they either compress video in poor output quality or support few video formats.

This article just aims to introduce a powerful video compressor and a step by step guide on how to reduce the file size of various video with almost no loss of video quality at: http://www.faasoft.com/articles/video-compressor.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]