FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to throw together a basic ProTools system

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Campbell
Trying to throw together a basic ProTools system
on Nov 29, 2011 at 6:37:41 pm

Greetings, herd. I'm presently running Adobe Audition 2.0 at home using a Delta 1010 card and i/o interface. My mixer has 8 sub-outs feeding the i/o inputs. For the most part, it's worked well for me over the years, but it's time to upgrade. That said, when I say "upgrade", I'm talking as inexpensive as possible. I was thinking something like an iMac i5, a Digi 002 i/o, and ProTools 8. As ancient as this may sound, it's still going to be a fine upgrade to what I'm using now. My question is: will this combination of hardware/software run well, or will there be any compatibility issues?

I tried digging up specs on all the different ProTools versions out there, but it was seriously info overload. I'm hoping someone here can cut through all of that. Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Alain Koffi Sessi
Re: Trying to throw together a basic ProTools system
on Nov 29, 2011 at 7:47:32 pm

Hello Paul,

I work daily with two rigs that have the same configuration as the one you are planning to get. I am happy to report that I have not experienced any compatibility issues. These two systems have been in use for the last 3 years. I did the new iMac upgrade a couple of months back and the transition went smoothly.

Alain Koffi Sessi
Sound Designer

Return to posts index

Paul Campbell
on Nov 29, 2011 at 7:59:31 pm

Thanks, Alain! Great news. Time to start shopping. Hello Ebay! Take care.

Return to posts index

Paul Campbell
on Nov 29, 2011 at 8:07:13 pm

Alain, one more quick question. The Digi 002 can do 8 simultaneous line inputs, right? I know 1-4 are mic/line, but 5-8 should input fine at the same time, right?

Return to posts index

Alain Koffi Sessi
on Nov 29, 2011 at 9:44:26 pm

You are correct Paul, inputs 5-8 should work fine with a line level signal. There are also the 8 ADAT channels and the 2 SPDIF channels in case you have a mic-pre that comes with better AD converters.

Alain Koffi Sessi
Sound Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]