FORUMS: list search recent posts

best wireless mic setup

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david masterson
best wireless mic setup
on Nov 8, 2011 at 6:54:17 pm

Need to get a second pair of wireless mics. Any sug.

Thanks

RD

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: best wireless mic setup
on Nov 8, 2011 at 8:42:44 pm

Whats your budget?
What do you want to do with them?
What batteries do you want to use 9v or AA? [it better to keep the complete kit the same].

Cheapest price....Best performance....Most reliable.
Choose 2 as you won't get ALL 3

The difference between Knowledge and Wisdom is... Knowledge is the knowing of facts.... Wisdom is the sensible application of good quality knowledge...

Return to posts index

david masterson
on Nov 8, 2011 at 8:48:35 pm

like to spend about 500-700 for the pair
used for an outdoor production( interviews in the field)

AA bats or 9, matters not

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Nov 8, 2011 at 9:32:08 pm

The least expensive wireless that will also be reliable, is the Sennheiser G3 series. But, one system retails at $500. Personally, I wouldn't go any cheaper if you don't want problems in the field.

Best,

Dave J

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
on Nov 8, 2011 at 9:41:09 pm

The Sennheiser G3 systems are often regarded as the base level for Pro's. and one system would exhaust your budget.
In the lower price range Azden is mentioned often. [not that I have used them] I use Sennheiser an wouldn't like to go down much on that.
http://www.azdencorp.com/new/product.php?productid=93839&cat=0&page=

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
on Nov 10, 2011 at 3:35:47 pm

I'm using the Audio Technica 1800 series very successfully and they typically fall into the mid-price range. BTW, Azden often gets knocked pretty badly on this site but I'll tell you that I have also used mid-range Azden products successfully (not the low end stuff). I'll say this about Azden, their product support is top notch. If you do need service they will bend over backwards to help you, something that is too often lacking in other companies.

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com
http://www.rgbmediaservices.com

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Nov 15, 2011 at 3:00:42 am

The Line6 XD-V70 has gotten great reviews; it's similar in price to the Sennheiser, but it's up in the digital frequency domain, so it should be a little more future-proof hopefully.

Take a look here for the review.

You don't want to skimp on wireless. When you do, you lose the flexibility you need for various location shoots and RF environments. You also sacrifice reliability and functionality.

Don't waste your money on less-than-acceptable gear now; save up a bit more and/or rent until you can get something that will work well for a while.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]