FORUMS: list search recent posts

Small digital audio recorders for video

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Parker
Small digital audio recorders for video
on Oct 17, 2011 at 11:48:22 am

Circumstances have changed a little bit on a sports doc series that I've done in the past and will be doing in the future. What that means is that I will need more coverage at the same event. In the past, we've been able to get away with just using two wireless mics running straight into cameras during an event. However, now we'll need 6-8 mics (lavs) going at once. 6-8 wireless systems is out of our price range.

So, what I was thinking was to use a small digital audio recorder on each person and syncing it up with the video later. However, after looking through B&H, none seem to have timecode other than the large guys that you can't exactly shove in a pocket.

Do you guys know of any with timecode?

Or, can you think of a better setup for a production that can't spend $5,000+ on audio equipment?

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Small digital audio recorders for video
on Oct 17, 2011 at 3:10:18 pm

Sorry but there is no recorder small enough to fit in your pocket that has TC. Unless you increase your budget significantly you're SOL.

Eric

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Oct 17, 2011 at 3:29:10 pm

That or you start renting instead of owning. Or you hire extra help in post to sync. Lots of post-production sync by audio options out there these days. This is basically what you want- http://www.zaxcom.com/ZFR100.htm

Noah

Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Oct 19, 2011 at 9:45:15 pm

Plural Eyes is one post syncing solution to checkout that syncs various tracks together without t/c.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.3, Motion 4.0.3, Comp 3.5.3, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO & 192 Digital I/O, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]