FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode on Sound Devices 552

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ed Denton
Timecode on Sound Devices 552
on Oct 16, 2011 at 6:08:40 am

Hi all,

I've had a Sound Devices 552 for about a year and a half now but all the work I've been doing has either been cable to cam or double system with a Canon 5D which doesn't run SMPTE timecode. As a result I've never had a need to use the TC input on the 552. However I've been thinking of getting timecode compatible but I don't know how the TC input on the 552 works. I'm thinking of getting a Denecke SB-3 Time Code generator. When I plug this in to the TA3 tc input on the 552 does this record a LTC track on one of the 522's internal tracks?

Thanks guys,

Ed

Sound Devices 552
Lectrosonics UM400a/UCR411a
Sanken COS-11 D
Rode NTG-3
Audix SCX1-HC

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Timecode on Sound Devices 552
on Oct 16, 2011 at 7:35:20 am

I don't believe so. TC is embedded in the metadata at the beginning of each take. To be absolutely sure call SD tech support on Monday or post your question on http://www.jwsoundgroup.net that's the production sound mixers discussion group.

Eric

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Oct 16, 2011 at 2:21:51 pm

Hello Ed and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Confirming from Sound Devices..from their site.

Time Code

The 552 has a time code input connection which is used to stamp sound files with received time code. Time code sent from a camera or a sync box can be connected to the unit as its source. The time code signal is auto-sensed for its time code rate and that time code value and rate is added to the recorded file metadata. There is no time code generator on the mixer.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Cow Audio Forum Leader
Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Richard Haynie
on Oct 8, 2014 at 12:05:40 am

A client want to time code stamp the audio files for transcription. I had been laying code to the right channel, but I hear we could do a time stamp. Which choice in the time code menu allows this?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]