FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple Wireless Lavalier Systems in one venue

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate Martin
Multiple Wireless Lavalier Systems in one venue
on Sep 27, 2011 at 1:30:44 am

I am wondering if I can use 4 wireless lavalier mic systems in one venue without getting interference from each individual system. I will be in a conference room.

I will be using 2 Lectrosonic UCR201 systems and 2 Seinheisser EW-100g3 systems.

I have used 2 systems with no problems but never 4. Any advice and recommendations would be very appreciated.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Multiple Wireless Lavalier Systems in one venue
on Sep 27, 2011 at 3:32:43 am

Not a problem as long as you have them separated by at least .50Mhz. For instance 540.00, 540.50, 541.00, 541.50. Further apart is better.

Eric

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Sep 29, 2011 at 4:45:02 pm

Be sure to test the set up before the shoot to make sure all is well. Can't fix bad sound in post.

OSX 10.5.8; MacBookPro4,1 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz MacPro4,1 2.66GHz 8 core 12gigs of ram. GPU: Nvidia Geoforce GT120 with Vram 512. OS X 10.6.x; Camcorders: Sony Z7U, Canon HV30/40, Sony vx2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

Joel Servetz
on Sep 30, 2011 at 11:57:48 pm

I've had as many as 15 operating simultaneously in one venue in the NYC area. Check the manufacturer's websites for the systems you're using for recommended frequencies/groups in your operating area. Check the FCC website for tv stations operating within a 50 mile radius and stay as far away from those frequencies as possible. Set up as far in advance as possible and keep all channels active as long as possible to listen and watch for occassional spikes of interference, and then re-tune the affected mics. Lots of advance preparation and setup time equals successful events and shoots.

Joel Servetz
RGB Media Services, LLC
Sarasota, Fl
videobyjoel@aol.com
http://www.rgbmediaservices.com

Return to posts index

Kate Martin
on Oct 1, 2011 at 12:05:21 am

Thank you for your response. The shoot went off very well. I didn't have as much control over the Frequency blocks as I would have liked but all the mics were far enough away in frequency that it all worked out.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]