FORUMS: list search recent posts

Short Shotgun Mic for Panasonic AG-AF100

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wes Browning
Short Shotgun Mic for Panasonic AG-AF100
on Sep 27, 2011 at 12:39:56 am

I have a Panasonic AG-AF100 and need to get a short shotgun mic for it. My main use for this mic would be just general shooting when filming on the street, or capturing audio from events in small rooms - and sometimes overhearing part of a conversation.

With my other cameras, I've been using my Rode NTG-3 and love it. However, its a bit too heavy and awkward for the AF100 camera body. I also have a Audio-Technica AT4053a microphone, but I primarily use that for interviews. I'm currently looking at the Panasonic AG-MC200G shotgun and the Azden SGM-PDII.

Which microphone should I consider using for general use? Should I go with my Audio-Technica AT4053a microphone, and mount it on the camera? Or should I try out the Panasonic AG-MC200G shotgun or the Azden SGM-PDII?

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Short Shotgun Mic for Panasonic AG-AF100
on Sep 27, 2011 at 3:38:42 am

A friend just got the Azden for his Canon something video camera. Pluses, pretty good sound all around for ambiences. Minuses, hard wired cable to mic, no XLR connection.

Eric

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Short Shotgun Mic for Panasonic AG-AF100
on Sep 28, 2011 at 1:36:30 am

Hello Wes and welcome to the Cow AudioForum.

Azden doesn't have a particularly good rep in teh pro audio world. See if your 4053b does the job.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Cow Audio Forum Leader
Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]