FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconform audio

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Teigen
Reconform audio
on Sep 13, 2011 at 8:17:55 am

Hi, there. I posted a question about audio reconform in the FCP forum. I'd love to hear hands-on-experience with Virtual Kathy or equivalent workflows.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1142662

Regards
-Anders

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
Re: Reconform audio
on Sep 15, 2011 at 1:06:12 pm

What do you want to know about VK? Other than it works?
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Anders Teigen
on Sep 15, 2011 at 5:57:17 pm

Hi!

All I've found so far is someone heard someone said it worked. But regarding third party apps sometimes there is a big difference between "worked" and "worked"... So it would be very nice to get experiences from someone thats hands on!

The reason for this research is that I am going to coordinate post on a film that I am also picture editing. My studio does not do audio post, so we got to involve someone else for that. There has not been concluded on wich software/platform the post will be done, this is all research.

I try to understand what the software actually moves. Reading the manual, it seems to me VK bases its operation on the picture track (or tracks, keeping VFX in mind). Operation moves whole segments of the edit, with the sound belonging to the picture. But what if pieces of audio moves around independent of the picture? For exampel, I would compress an edit by taking sync picture out, and put the spoken words off on other images. Or voice over can be moved around, shortened and combined. Please correct me if I am wrong!

regards
anders

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Sep 16, 2011 at 11:00:26 am

Hi again.
Id suggest you email Lynn. Send me your email and Ill send you hers. (peter@denefilms.com)
She may well be able to answer, or get John (who wrote the software) to answer your questions, or point you towards a more comprehensive information database on what it can do and how.

All I can say is that I find that re cuts of even the most complex of timelines can be implemented in Pro tools in seconds using VK and then all ive to do is clean up the edits created. It does work. You make an edl of the sequence before the changes, and edl of the sequence after the changes, open the pttools timeline that matches the 1st edl, open VK and import the 2 edls, and VK will analyse the changes, and MOve the Pro tools audio around to its new home in seconds, where it would take hours of error ridden number crunching to do it by hand. Its all about offsets really.

Lynn will be able to point you in the right direction.
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Anders Teigen
Re: conform audio
on Sep 16, 2011 at 7:19:56 pm

Thanks, Peter. I'll send you my Mail. It may very well be that I worry to much, and that I've missed something here.

Kind regards
Anders

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]