FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dual Input Microphone into Mac

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Frost
Dual Input Microphone into Mac
on Sep 11, 2011 at 6:50:26 pm

Hi,

I am sure I am asking a very basic and easy question and so can only apoligise for that but I have a microphone which has dual left/right input connections however the socket of my iMac (12mths old) only allows for one which makes the sound recorded barely audible.

Is any aware of an adapter I could use to combine the left/right inputs, either via usb or the 3.5mm connection input.

I hope I have explained this sufficiently as I'm not great with technical jargon.

Thanks

Daniel

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: Dual Input Microphone into Mac
on Sep 11, 2011 at 9:33:45 pm

Daniel,

Can you please tell us what manufacturer and model your microphone and computer are? That will help us greatly!

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Daniel Frost
on Sep 11, 2011 at 9:47:44 pm

Hi,

Sorry the microphone is an audio-technica stereo condenser microphone and my system is an iMac (model identifier: iMac11,2) running OSX with a 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 processor.

I hope that helps

Daniel

Return to posts index

Daniel Frost
on Sep 11, 2011 at 9:50:47 pm

Hi,

Sorry the microphone is an audio-technica stereo condenser microphone (model: ATR6250) and my system is an iMac (model identifier: iMac11,2) running OSX with a 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 processor.

I hope that helps

Daniel

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Sep 12, 2011 at 3:17:28 am

Hello Daniel and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

I think all Mac have stereo analog inputs. Gain may be a factor, but you do have to visit the Mac Audio/MIDI control panel the volume.

To input correctly to the Mac, you'd need a male 1/8" TRS to male 1/8" TRS cable.

Regards,

TyFord

Cow Audio Forum Leader
Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]