FORUMS: list search recent posts

waves z-noise -- where is it in Soundtrack?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aemilia scott
waves z-noise -- where is it in Soundtrack?
on Sep 8, 2011 at 7:54:42 pm

whew, this is a bush league question, and my apologies for that.

I am using Soundtrack and Final cut -- working on removing some room tone and air conditioner noise from a track. I bought z-noise native because I heard good things about it. the audio filter shows up in final cut, however it has no special interface, and no options for creating a sound print, etc.

I can't find the dang thing in soundtrack. that's my question. the install / ilok process was confusing enough that I really don't remember where or if there was a central application. As with the other audio filters, I assume I'd find the filter and it would bring up its interface from there.

thanks,
aemilia

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: waves z-noise -- where is it in Soundtrack?
on Sep 9, 2011 at 1:38:08 pm

Hello Aemilia and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

The Native version may run on its own, but not within FCP or STP. Check your applications folder to see if it's there and fire it up.

And, yes, the iLok process can be very annoying.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Cow Audio Forum Leader
Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

aemilia scott
on Sep 9, 2011 at 2:20:30 pm

Thanks so much for the response, Ty.

I do have a waves folder in /Applications, but there doesn't seem to be a recognizable application in it.

Here is the list of files I have. What do you think? I'm not sure I mentioned it, but I'm running mac os snow leopard on a early 2008 mac pro.

-Utilities
Clear_Auth_Cache.sh
Icon

InterLok Extensions Install
Waves Uninstaller
Waves 8.0 ReadMe.html
-Waves Plug-Ins

-Documents
Icon

Waves System Guide.pdf
Z-noise.pdf
Icon

Plug-In Settings - new location
WavesLib 8.0.framework
Z-Noise.bundle
Waveshells
Icon

Waves AU Reg Utility 8.0
WaveShell-AU 8.0.component
WaveShell-DAE 8.0.dpm
WaveShell-VST 8.0.vst
WaveShell-VST 8.0.vst3

Return to posts index

Eric Michael Cap
on Sep 9, 2011 at 8:14:23 pm

Z-Noise is a AU Plug-In, not a Stand Alone Application like Izotope RX. In STP, go your Effects pane and scroll to the bottom of the Category tab...there should be a Waves folder w/Z-Noise in it. Click to open/activate. You can also use it within any DAW; Logic, Pro Tools, Cubase/Nuendo &/or DP. There should also be a Waves folder within your Applcations and an WaveShell AU Component under Library_Audio_Plug-Ins_Components.

Return to posts index

aemilia scott
on Sep 9, 2011 at 9:00:00 pm

Thanks for narrowing this down, Eric. I really appreciate it.

So if I *don't* see that waves folder in the categories tab of my effects pane, what might the problem be then? I don't see anything there other than the usual categories of effects. I'm running soundtrack 3.0.1.

in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components I have a file WaveShell-AU 8.0.component.

The filter does show up in FCP, however without the GUI. I didn't get any iLok or registration errors on either program launch.

Cheers,
aemilia

Return to posts index

Eric Michael Cap
on Sep 9, 2011 at 11:38:54 pm

Try re-installing the Z-Noise plug-In...it should show up in the STP Effects palete along with and other 3rd Party AU plug-ins. Otherwise, give Waves Tech Support a call...they're usually pretty responsive. Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]