FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flying to NYC and looking for sound recording info

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Canavan
Flying to NYC and looking for sound recording info
on Sep 8, 2011 at 2:53:39 am

Hi everyone, i live in Melbourne, Australia and am flying to NYC to finish a music doco ive been filming independantly for a few years now.

I will need to hire a sound recordist or at the least be able to hire a basic sound recording device (quite possibly both). How would i go about this in NYC? Are there people/places that anyone knows of who i could find for such a job?

It may be 3 or 4 different days of shooting, and am happy to pay for the work...just depends what sort of money etc..

Thanks,

Nick.

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Flying to NYC and looking for sound recording info
on Sep 8, 2011 at 3:16:29 am

There are many pro gear rental houses in NYC. Try Gotham Sound, Professional Sound Services and others I can't recall. Either of them will be able to either rent what you want & or hook you up with a local mixer. You might also want to post your question on the mixers news group JWsoundgroup.net under the work available listing.

Eric

Return to posts index

Nicholas Canavan
on Sep 12, 2011 at 6:27:00 am

Thanks Eric for the response..

I have registered with JWsoundgroup and will post up a message looking for sound operators...

Do you have any idea what the going rate may be to hire a person to record sound for an indie doco...either a daily rate or hourly?

Just trying to get an idea what sort of money i should offer, and considering it is on a somewhat limited budget.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Sep 12, 2011 at 12:51:09 pm

I would figure at least $550/10hrs with a basic gear package of mixer, 2 wireless & boom.

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]