FORUMS: list search recent posts

looking for good omni, lavaier mics for Lectro wireless

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Rubio
looking for good omni, lavaier mics for Lectro wireless
on Aug 29, 2011 at 6:10:49 pm

Greetings,

Excuse me if I'm bringing up an old post, but I'm looking for recommendations regarding a good quality, omni directional, lav, in the $250 range.
I'm told the Sony ECM77 can not have the connector end modified to fit the Lectrosonic SMQV transmitter. So, I'm looking for another lav of that caliber that can work with that transmitter.
Thanks to all!

Martin

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: looking for good omni, lavaier mics for Lectro wireless
on Aug 29, 2011 at 7:52:44 pm

You can't go wrong with the Countryman EMW available in colors and frequency responses.

Eric

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Aug 29, 2011 at 8:10:50 pm

Or the Sanken COS 11. But, this may be more than you want to spend. Excellent mic, though!

Dave J

Return to posts index

Martin Rubio
on Aug 29, 2011 at 9:24:43 pm

Thank you Gentlemen.

Any thoughts on Tram mics. They seem to be built like the Countryman.
Unfortunately, the Sanken are a little pricey for our budget.

Thank you again,
Martin

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Aug 29, 2011 at 9:50:11 pm

Actually the Countryman EMW is built like a Tram as the Tram was the first quality mini lav. That said the EMW (IMO)is a better sounding lav and has greater options available and I think is less $$$ than a Tram.

Eric

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Aug 29, 2011 at 10:38:02 pm

I use Trams (or Sonotrims), too. Love the sound but, I find them difficult to hide without a lot of clothing noise. If you don't have to hide them, you'll love them.

Dave J

Return to posts index

Martin Rubio
on Aug 29, 2011 at 11:37:43 pm

Thanks guys.

I do need to hide the mics... using the vampire clips works well. I also implement the old, double, inside out gaffer's tape, triangles to keep the mics in place within our subject's clothes (that seems to work well).
My biggest issue is the fact that Sony's mics couldn't be modified to plug into the Lectrosonic SMQV transmitters. So I'm really looking for a comparable mic to the Sony.
I think you guys have given me a great start.

Respectfully,
Martin

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Aug 30, 2011 at 1:39:19 am

Are you sure the Sony lavs can't be made to work with the SMQV transmitters? If you haven't then call Lectro tech support and ask them.

Eric

Return to posts index

Martin Rubio
on Aug 30, 2011 at 2:23:53 am

Thank you Eric,
I don't want to mention the vendor (reputable one too), but initially they said it could be done (Sony mics with Lectrosonic connectors). In the past, it was no problem. Maybe it's the new transmitters, but they (the vendor) felt bad that the salesperson was wrong - they couldn't help.
I'll take your advice and call Lectrosonic. They may be able to help.
Cheers,
Martin

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Aug 30, 2011 at 4:40:08 am

These guys may still have them: http://www.thebroadcastshop.com/sales/detail.asp?partno=ECM77B-TA5F-ACC&aid...

I can't believe this mic would not be made available with a TA5 connector.

Dave J

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Aug 30, 2011 at 1:14:41 pm

The Vendor was wrong. Here's the wiring for the SMQV transmitter for any lav. The only difference is that the SMQV requires a bit more connections than the standard Lectro tx.

Audio input jack wiring:
PIN 1 - Shield (ground) for positive biased electret lavaliere microphones. Shield (ground) for dynamic microphones and line level inputs.
PIN 2 - Bias voltage source for positive biased electret lavaliere microphones.
PIN 3 - Low impedance microphone level input for dynamic microphones. Also accepts hand-held electret microphones provided the microphone has its own built-in battery.
PIN 4 - Bias voltage selector for Pin 3. Pin 3 voltage (0, 2 or 4 volts) depends on Pin 4 connection.
- Pin 4 tied to Pin 1: 0 V
- Pin 4 Open: 2 V
- Pin 4 to Pin 2: 4 V
PIN 5 - High impedance, line level input for tape decks, mixer outputs, musical instruments, etc.

Eric

Return to posts index

Martin Rubio
on Aug 30, 2011 at 1:55:53 pm

Thank you Gents,

I'll try the BroadcastShop first, and if I run out of luck, I'll call Lectro for advice. Lastly, I'll try sodering the connections. I'd rather have the connections already in place (warranty sake).

-Martin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]