exist a plugin like that, I work in the avid MC 5.5.3
I hope someone understands my clumsy enlish
Core

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: plugin avid MC for voice
on Aug 27, 2011 at 1:47:08 pm

Hello Core and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum,

Please excuse my ignorance in not being able to respond in Dutch. We're not all that smart here in the USA.

What you're looking for is time compression (without pitch change). Pro Tools has it, but why buy Pro Tools for just one plugin.

Does your Avid system support Audio Suite or plugins? If so, there are time compressions plugins you may be able to use within your Avid system.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Cow Audio Forum Leader
Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Aug 27, 2011 at 1:59:25 pm

There are two ways of doing this.

One is to shorten the gaps between words slightly. The difficulty of doing that on an Avid (or any other NLE designed for cutting pictures) is that you don't have fine enough editing - you really need to cut at the sample level and video editing systems can only cut at points one frame apart, so you can do a fair amount that way but it's a bit limited. I don't know of any plugin for Avid for that kind of job, you really have to go into an audio editing system to do it properly.

The other way is to speed up the audio, using pitch correction to stop the voice going high pitched. There are plug-ins for that (look for "Time Compression Expansion" in your Audio Suite set, MC 5.5 should have come with it already included). The catch with that is that any more than a few percent speed up will sound obviously processed - the human ear really notices anything odd about the voice (more than most other sounds that we encounter).

I sometimes use the first technique (trimming out the gaps) when the difference is relatively small, but more often I'll alter the picture cut to make room for the narration. If you really need the voice to match a cut picture sequence the way to go is to voice to playback, then you can tell at the time of recording whether you need to talk faster, change the script to reduce the number of words or alter the picture cut to get it in.

Return to posts index

Core van der Hoeven
on Aug 27, 2011 at 2:27:41 pm

well I have protools 8 on a other system, would been handy to do it right away in the media composer
but now I know wat to look for
thanks a lot!
Core

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]