FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it a bad idea to always leave my WS7 windscreen on the whole time I'm outside?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
Is it a bad idea to always leave my WS7 windscreen on the whole time I'm outside?
on Aug 10, 2011 at 6:34:03 am

I just got the WS7 for my Rode NTG-3. Does it make sense to just always leave it on when I'm outside so if a totally out of the blue gust of wind comes, I'll be ready? Does it dampen the sound when there is no wind?

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Is it a bad idea to always leave my WS7 windscreen on the whole time I'm outside?
on Aug 10, 2011 at 2:09:38 pm

Leave it on and don't worry about it. Better to have whatever protection it offers than not. Don't worry about whatever minimal frequency response change it may impart, no one but you will ever know or care.

Eric

Return to posts index

Alain Koffi Sessi
Re: Is it a bad idea to always leave my WS7 windscreen on the whole time I'm outside?
on Aug 10, 2011 at 4:33:25 pm

I agree with Eric. It's always a good idea to have the windscreen on because in every recording environment,there is the sound you want to record, and there is everything else. The "everything else" is why the windscreen is so handy. So Keep it on and happy sound hunting.

Alain Koffi Sessi
Sound Designer

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Aug 11, 2011 at 1:36:12 am

and, when, not if, the mic falls and hits the ground, it'll save the mic.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Creative Cow Leader

Cow Audio Forum Leader
Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]