FORUMS: list search recent posts

Realistic Audience Laughter

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Wheel
Realistic Audience Laughter
on Aug 1, 2011 at 9:34:13 pm

Hi,

I have a project where a client did a stand-up-comedy routine on a green screen. The video is now done, but I need to find a large, versatile library of canned audience laughter to make it sound as if it aired on a late-night TV show.

I've found a few audience-laughter clips on some of the large audio sites, but not enough to stretch out for the whole 30 minutes without noticing repetition.

Surely such a laughter library must exist. Anyone know where to find such a thing? Recording a live audience myself is quite a bit beyond my resources.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Realistic Audience Laughter
on Aug 2, 2011 at 10:32:38 am

I've had some success with the BBC and Hollywood Edge audience tracks, but only to augment or replace an existing track - enhancing a low level recording, covering extraneous noises or cuts, that kind of thing (situations where I've mixed sounds so any repetition in the source tracks isn't noticeable). The trick to making it work is getting the pacing right for those moments where the performer reacts to the audience, as opposed to the audience reacting to the performance.

In your situation, I'd be inclined to get a few people to watch it together (just a few mates and some beer, nothing elaborate) and record their reactions. Even if you don't use the resulting track, you'll get a guide for how an audience will react to the performance which you can base your laughter track on, which will give you an edge in trying to make it sound natural.

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Aug 2, 2011 at 1:39:48 pm

Try Sound ideas / Audience Reactions
and Interior crowds / De wolfe
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Christian Wheel
on Aug 2, 2011 at 9:53:36 pm

Thank you both very much for the help and suggestions!

----- Christian Wheel -----
Radio Host, Los Angeles/San Diego/Nationally Syndicated
Audio Production & Imaging
MS Visual Studio Developer
After Effects Enthusiast

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Aug 2, 2011 at 1:42:07 pm

Christian
send me an email address to peter@denefilms.com and ill send you some effects i have. Might help
Peter

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]