FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime audio file won't play anymore

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Salemi
Quicktime audio file won't play anymore
on Aug 1, 2011 at 7:30:40 pm

Hi guys,

Ok, so here's what I have. I have a quicktime file that I took from an XM Radio broadcast a couple years back. I needed some basketball game background noise. The file has always played well but suddenly it no longer plays. When I open to get more info, I'm on a mac, it has:

Kind: Quicktime Movie
File size: 946kb
Codecs: gnrc, WMA2
duration: 5:00
total bit rate: 32
Name and extensions: It just has the file name but no .mov or something like that. I tried changing it to .mov but nothing happened.

When I try and open it is says "The document "" could not be opened. The movie is not in a format that Quicktime player understands. You may need to install additional software to open this type of file.

Do any of you know how I can get the info out of this to play or if there's something I need to download? I'm running QT 7 and 10, so not sure if I need an older version to make it work. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Salemi
Re: Quicktime audio file won't play anymore
on Aug 1, 2011 at 8:05:35 pm

Solved!

I needed to install a WMV codec, or WMV player into my computer. I will keep this post active in case anyone else runs into the same problem. You should only experience it if you changed computers from where you captured the audio or you are transferring or importing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]