FORUMS: list search recent posts

I'll be doing shots outdoors with more than one person. So, NTG-3 instead of MKH-416?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
I'll be doing shots outdoors with more than one person. So, NTG-3 instead of MKH-416?
on Jul 22, 2011 at 2:07:26 pm

I'm trying to decide between a NTG-3 or MKH-416 for a outdoor shotgun. My thinking is that since sometimes I will be doing shots with multiple people in it, I want the NTG-3 since it's the scope of what it picks up is slightly larger (as you can tell, my background is not in audio........)

does that logic make sense? is that a reason for making this choice?

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: I'll be doing shots outdoors with more than one person. So, NTG-3 instead of MKH-416?
on Jul 22, 2011 at 7:06:14 pm

They are both good mics, you might also want to look at the Sanken CS2 & CS3e. Listen to all if you can and let your ears decide (and your wallet).

Eric

Return to posts index

Noam Osband
Re: I'll be doing shots outdoors with more than one person. So, NTG-3 instead of MKH-416?
on Jul 22, 2011 at 8:14:20 pm

Sometimes I'm able to get a sound person. And sometimes it's me with the mic attached to my camera. That being the case, should that affect what mic i want? Im aware the sound is never nearly as good without a boom person. But that's not always an option.

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Jul 22, 2011 at 9:14:32 pm

1st, any sound person you hire will have their own gear that they will use. The NTG-3 is a good choice, go for it. Be sure to get a good shockmount and wind protection (not the foam cover) for it.

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]