FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser evolution 100 me2 upgrade?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuel Adams
Sennheiser evolution 100 me2 upgrade?
on Jul 4, 2011 at 5:31:22 am

Hello

My Me2 mic has broken and I am looking into getting a replacement. Will any mic be compatible with a 3.5 jack, or will I be forced into getting the same one?

If there are compatible, superior products, what would you recommend? It would need to be omnidirectional, just like the Me2

Return to posts index

André Engelhardt
Re: Sennheiser evolution 100 me2 upgrade?
on Jul 4, 2011 at 1:08:27 pm

Hi Samuel,

the ME2 is a great little lav Mic so my question back to you is why not replace it with another ME2? You've got experience working with it, probably have tons of recordings made with it so why switch?

You'll have to get used to a new sound, it'll sound different if you mix it with your recordings done with the now broken ME2 etc.

Of course there are compatible and superior products but that's also a matter of price. What are you looking for that you found lacking in the ME2 and how much would you be willing to spend?

André

--
Audio Engineer, Sound Designer
Video- and Photographer
http://www.andreengelhardt.net

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Jul 4, 2011 at 1:11:06 pm

Any lav mic can be wired for a 3.5 mm plug and work with the G2/3. I would look at the Countryman EMW lav's. A lot better sounding than the ME2. Make sure that whatever new lav you get that it's wired with a locking 3.5mm connector.

Eric

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jul 4, 2011 at 6:28:36 pm

Hello Samuel and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

The MKE2 is a step up, but I have not heard whether or not it will help a Sennheiser G2 or G3 due to restrictions in their design.

REgards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Cow Audio Forum Leader
Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]