FORUMS: list search recent posts

WAV Calamity

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zan Ozimek
WAV Calamity
on Jul 3, 2011 at 3:42:47 am

Hello all, I recorded a 32-minute interview this afternoon on the 4-channel setting on a Zoom H2.

Both files, appropriately labeled SR000F and SR000R appear on the SD card and I can move both to my desktop. Each shows a file size of about 330,000KB. However, the Rear file (SR000R) does not play.

- When I attempt to open with Windows Media Player I get the dreaded "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file."

- I then tried to open it in Quicktime and it simply wouldn't load.

- I tried dragging and dropping into Audacity and it will drag but not drop.

- It uploaded to iTunes but when I click Play nothing happens.

- I tried WavAgent and the file won't import (I click Import and ... nothing).

Is the file lost to me or is there anything else that can be done/tried?

Thanks very much in advance.

Return to posts index

André Engelhardt
Re: WAV Calamity
on Jul 3, 2011 at 12:16:30 pm

Hi Zan,

I'm an owner of the H2 myself and have not encountered that error before.

Can you look at the file within the H2 and report what the information entry gives you? (Go to Menu > File > SR000R > Information )

What I'd like to recommend for you to try is to play back the file on the H2 itself and if that is possible I would recommend that you simply play it out and record it again on another device / computer.

Also how are you getting the files of the SD card? With an external reader or are you connecting the H2 directly with the computer? You can also try to convert the file within the H2 to another format, maybe that'll fix it.

Another trick that might work is to have the H2 encode the .wav into an mp3. If all of that doesn't work I think it's safe to assume that the file has got corrupted for some reason (most likely bad SD card).

Let us know what you find!

André

--
Audio Engineer, Sound Designer
Video- and Photographer
http://www.andreengelhardt.net

Return to posts index

George Black
on Aug 20, 2013 at 11:18:58 pm

Hi Andre,

I have just had a very similar incident occur with my H2.

I recorded a performance using the 4 channel setting.

I wanted to hear a little of it immediately following the concert but the unit itself said "no files".

When I connected it to my Mac, the files were visible in the H2 disk image on my desktop. I dragged them to my desktop and they copied. When retrieving info on the files, my computer acknowledges them and says they are well over a GB each.

They will not play. When a player opens, it merely shows that the length of the recording is 0:00 and plays nothing. But the file itself is well over a GB.

I did not delete the files from the H2 player. But it still doesn't acknowledge their existence.

Do I need some sort of special plug-in to play it?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Jul 3, 2011 at 12:41:49 pm

In audacity, try 'open raw file' (or something alike)
This will force Audacity to ignore the header.

hth,

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Zan Ozimek
on Jul 7, 2011 at 6:48:53 am

Thank you so much for this, this took care of the problem to a T.

Thanks as well for everyone else who provided such immediate suggestion, it's much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jul 3, 2011 at 5:46:21 pm

Hello Zan and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

This may not solve all of your problems, but iTunes doesn't read files m=with more than 2 tracks.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Cow Audio Forum Leader

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]