FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mixpre "classic" (& Zoom H4n) mounting shelf

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Bergstein
Mixpre "classic" (& Zoom H4n) mounting shelf
on Jun 21, 2011 at 4:53:50 am

I had a local fabricator build me a design in aluminum for my mixpre, and mounted it with the lightstand leg mount that was brought up in another post on another board. (Leg mount available from the Guitar Center in Seattle for one.) I was able to also mount my Zoom H4N on a short riser and put it right in my fingertips. I hold the Mixpre in with two lips on each end and a piece of Velcro underneath the Mixpre to allow it to grip the bottom of the 'shelf'.

I think this is going to be great for run and gun to hold both devices, and also allow me to run longer XLRs out to my Tascam or other higher end recorder.

I've added holes in the top and bottom, to be able to mount stuff, like the Zoom.

The cost to fabricate quantity one was $50. I assume that getting quantity would be less. The guy here in town that built it for me said he's love more orders. I might built a second one that has another shelf below to hold my receiver.

Feel free to build your own, if you have the skills. Contact me if you want the name of the guy local to me.

Alf

Return to posts index

Al Bergstein
Re: Mixpre "classic" (& Zoom H4n) mounting shelf
on Jun 22, 2011 at 5:41:15 am

I've just used this on my first shoot, and am already plotting a V2. It did work great! But, I would like to add a second tray, below the first, for my Audio Technica wireless receiver. And a better mount to make it a side mount, rather than a shelf. I like the shelf idea, just worried whether it's as useful as a vertical design. Having the Zoom up at my shooting height was really useful. I could watch the levels on the recorder and decide what I was going to do with the Mixpre.

Alf

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]