FORUMS: list search recent posts

hi pass filter for balanced mic line 800hz

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tom lowry
hi pass filter for balanced mic line 800hz
on Jun 13, 2011 at 11:44:54 pm

Can I make a simple in-line hi-pass filter for a balanced microphone to mic a leslie horn(cross- over at 800hz)? Anything I can roll off below 800hz will help with feed back and rotor noise.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: hi pass filter for balanced mic line 800hz
on Jun 14, 2011 at 3:22:20 pm

Are you talking about making an electronic circuit? Are you talking about putting it in the mic line? Does the mic need phantom power?
It would be much easier to do this in the mixer (whether physical or in post-prodution mix-down).

You didn't mention whether this was for a live real-time mixed performance, or whether this is for a recording session with separately-tracked microphones? The optimal way of doing this depends a lot on details not disclosed.

Return to posts index

tom lowry
Re: hi pass filter for balanced mic line 800hz
on Jun 15, 2011 at 1:04:42 am

Ok. Thanks for responding. More details. For live giging in clubs. Trying to simplify my keyboard rig. Organ patches go to leslie(actually a Pro3). I mic the rotating horn with a SM58 into mixer along with the simulated low rotor, my vocal, and an Accordion for my keyboard monitor. I know. It's messy. I roll all the lows of the rotating horn channel at the mixer but I would like to use a smaller mixer and send the horn and the simulated low rotor to both sides of a stereo channel. Hope that made sense. Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]