FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound Design community

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gabriel Bergeron
Sound Design community
on Jun 8, 2011 at 6:31:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm getting more and more into sound design and I was wondering if you guys knew of some great and active online communities/forums. I haven't been able to find anything but surely there must be something out there dedicated to the art!!!

I'm hoping to read/discuss with sound designers about their favorite libraries, their way of working, you know, go in depth in a few subjects...

Here is great, love it, but was hoping to find somewhere more specialized.

Thanks!!
Gabriel

Return to posts index

Alain Koffi Sessi
Re: Sound Design community
on Jun 8, 2011 at 8:08:06 pm

Hi Gabriel,

I think it's fair to say that most people on the Cow's Audio Forum are sound designers. I don't want to speak for the moderators but I think everyone here will be more than happy to discuss any sound design related topic with you. You can also check out the following forums:

GearSlutz

Avid Audio DUC

Alain Koffi Sessi
Sound Designer

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jun 8, 2011 at 10:20:12 pm

Alain,

You talkin' to me!? :)

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
on Jun 9, 2011 at 3:46:46 pm

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sound-article-list/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sound_design/

Peace,

Bob

Return to posts index

Gabriel Bergeron
on Jun 17, 2011 at 8:35:58 pm

Hey guys,

I had posted an answer but for some reason it didn't get through or was removed... oh well.
Essentially I was thanking you for your input and felt grateful to know you'd be happy to discuss/help. :)

I actually have two easy or general questions:

1) A gig I have right now asks for known Hollywood sounds like the T-rex growl in JPark, web-shooters sound in Spider-Man, etc. Are these available somewhere to buy?

I would guess they are since they've been used elsewhere but I couldn't find anything.

2) I want to buy some sound libraries and was hoping to get your suggestions. Any favorites?

FYI I'm starting to build my sound collection so it's not extensive right now. So I guess perhaps some good general "start up" libraries would be welcomed but also more specialized ones.

Anything that you love really : )

Oh yes, I'm also looking for great atmospheres (indoors/outdoors) so if any library comes to mind for that...

Thanks!
Gabriel

Return to posts index

Adam Johnson
on Jun 21, 2011 at 2:09:42 pm

One great active sound design community is:

Social Sound Design

At SFXsource.com, we've got dinosaur sound effects. Not sure if it's exactly the T Rex growl you are looking for but there are some definite dinosaur vocalizations in there.

And, tons of background sound effects meaning "ambiences" including outdoors sounds

cheers, Adam

SFXsource.com Sound Effects and Royalty Free Music

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]