FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downloading Sound Effects A La Carte

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stewart Goldstein
Downloading Sound Effects A La Carte
on Jun 1, 2011 at 4:40:28 pm

Can anyone recommend a good sound effects library (besides Sound Dogs) where I can choose from a wide selection of tracks that can be downloaded individually?

(Also, if anyone can tell me where I can find a good track of German shepherds, or other similar-sounding dogs, barking ferociously, you will have my gratitude.)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: Downloading Sound Effects A La Carte
on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:54:18 pm

Hello Stewart and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

How about a Zoom H4n at the back door of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW, Washington DC?

Or your local SPCA

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Stephen Hall
on Jun 1, 2011 at 9:31:29 pm

Stewart,

You might look into Freesound.org. It's a huge collection of free (natch) sound clips of all kinds of things. The clips are released under a Creative Commons license, so it's a nice resource.

Quality varies from very high-quality pro-level stuff to ghastly things that have been crudely manipulated, but you can find some gems. It's nicely tagged and indexed, so you can search based on keywords.

I've contributed a handful of things there and gotten some nice responses.

Cheers,

Stephen Hall
http://sound.facesproject.org/

Return to posts index

Alain Koffi Sessi
on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:59:36 pm

Hi Stewart,

Try this http://www.multimedia-stock.com/sounds
Like on most free sites some are good and some not so good. Registration is required. I do second Ty's suggestion of recording your own sounds. This approach gives you more control over your SFX.

Best,

Alain Koffi Sessi
Sound Designer

Return to posts index

Andy Balla
on Jun 3, 2011 at 2:21:31 am

freesound.org has always been a good starting point for me, when its something that I can't record myself locally. I generally use the sounds I find there as inspiration, though. Once I've put together something I like in pre-production, I record things locally which will get me to the same place. Sometimes there are things I just can't find locally, so I use the recordings from that site, though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]