FORUMS: list search recent posts

looking for good sound effects

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott McGregor
looking for good sound effects
on Jun 1, 2011 at 2:47:30 am

I am producing a series of animated videos, with a lot of 3D text effects. I am having a hard time finding good sound effects. Most are so over the top dramatic, I am looking for more subtle, interesting stuff. They all seemed to be weighted toward sci fi or radio ads for the drag races, BE THERE! Anyone know of a good resource for quality sfx. I don't care about free or cheap, I want good.

thanks,
Scott

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: looking for good sound effects
on Jun 1, 2011 at 5:21:01 am

Hollywood Edge, Sound Dogs- etc. Free usually do suck so be prepared to spend a few cents.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
on Jun 1, 2011 at 10:22:44 am

I agree about Hollywood Edge, also I've used the BBC stuff for background atmos. Some of the music libraries have sound effects as well (e.g., http://www.audionetwork.com/sound-effects/ )

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:52:10 pm

Hello Scott and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

In addition to the good suggestions here by Noah and Andrew, why not sound design 'em yourself of find someone local to do that for you.

BTW: yogurt on plasterboard sounds a lot like what paint should sound like when "splatted" on canvass on the floor.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Micah McDowell
on Jun 1, 2011 at 8:56:56 pm

Yep, homemade sound effects are fun and cool to do. Another place you might find something is http://www.freesound.org/. There's a TON of user-submitted free sound samples and effects that cover just about everything you could think of.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]