FORUMS: list search recent posts

Buying a used equepments

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sala Sultan
Buying a used equepments
on May 8, 2011 at 9:31:43 am

Hello!
I have two questions hopefully I get help from your gentelmen.
What's the best/cheapest Mic's I can get? I'm shooting footage on a dslr Panasonic GH2, and I'm looking for a pin mic, don't have to be wirelelss if it's expensive and gun mic I can mount on the camera, and if those little cheap recorders are good enough then id like to have one. I'm shooting a documentary.
Also, is there a good Mic's for iPhones? I heard even with the best Mic's u'll still get a poor quality with noise in them

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon
Sal

Sala

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Buying a used equepments
on May 9, 2011 at 2:25:37 pm

There is no answer to "best/cheapest". Besides the fact that "best" and "cheapest" are rarely found together. We don't even know what "best" means in your situation. And without a currency symbol and some digits, we don't know what you mean by "cheapest" either. If "cheapest" means $50-100 then you probably have unrealistic expectations.

Is there some particular reason you are looking for a pin mic? There are very few choices (I know of only one, Rode). It is not an inexpensive solution.

Mounting a "gun mic" on the camera is a very poor method of capturing sound. That location is almost NEVER the right place for the microphone for many reasons (all of which have been discussed here many times before).

You are on the right track using an external sound recorder because the audio recording capabilities of a DSLR camera are generally too poor for practical use.

Yes, wireless is not cheap. The minimum-cost halfway decent wireless kit (lav mic, transmitter and receiver) is $500-600.

I have had poor experience recording with iPhone/iPod, and I have never seen anyone coming through this (or any other) forum reporting good results with an iPhone/iPad solution. Recording on iPhone isn't really any better than just recording on the DSLR.

Return to posts index

Sala Sultan
Re: Buying a used equepments
on May 11, 2011 at 1:49:22 am

I appreciate that u took the time to respond to this, this is much help, thanks a lot Richard!

Sala

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]