FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fostex FRe-LE

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Topper
Fostex FRe-LE
on Apr 29, 2011 at 4:19:51 am

Hi, I recently bought a used fostex fr2-le from Musician's Friends. When, I started recording, it immediately sounded terrible through the phones jack. There was a great deal of noise, and I had to turn it up nearly all the way to really hear it.

However, when I put the files on my computer they sounded just fine, (except a little quieter than I would expect, even with the input turned all the way up).

So, I need to know while I still have time to return it, is this normal, or is my gear faulty? And if it is normal, is there anyway to improve the monitoring situation? I previously owned an h4n, and now I'm beginning to regret selling it. It never had any problems with the monitoring noise.

Return to posts index

Steve Topper
Re: Fostex FRe-LE
on Apr 29, 2011 at 4:31:00 am

That should of course read, fr2-le. Sorry

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Apr 29, 2011 at 2:43:02 pm

Hello Steve and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Monitoring as in headphones?

What kind of noise?

If it's not in the files, it's in the monitoring chain.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Steve Topper
on Apr 29, 2011 at 3:12:39 pm

It's just a lot of white noise. Looking around the web I've come across a few reviews that say the headphone preamps are pretty bad, but I'm honestly surprised that they're this bad. I'm kind of at a loss, cause I don't think that's something worth trading it in for, especially since the next best thing like a tascam hdp2 would be hundreds of dollars more expensive.

Ultimately, I will be buying a mixer, so I guess I'll just monitor through those anyway.

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Apr 29, 2011 at 3:22:28 pm

If the preamps were the problem, you'd hear that in the final files.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Apr 30, 2011 at 1:27:14 am

I've got a FR2LE. No HP problems with mine unless you crank them wide open. Under normal levels they are more than adequate for monitoring. Try another unit if you can.

Eric

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]