FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sanken COS-11 / Countryman B6 / Tram 50 Question

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron Nowakowski
Sanken COS-11 / Countryman B6 / Tram 50 Question
on Apr 28, 2011 at 6:22:06 pm

I am in the market for a wireless lav that is easy to hide in clothing, produces little cable noise/rubbing, and of course has a great sound. I have targeted the Sanken COS-11 (came on recommendation from an audio professional), Countryman B6, and Tram 50. The use would be for interviews and simple productions that require the talent to be mobile. Anything beyond that I would hire an audio operator.

Does anyone have a recommendation on these? From what I can tell the Sanken and Countryman seem to be a better sounding mic. Price is not too much of an issue for this, just being able to hide the lav easily and still get clean audio is the main concern.

Thanks cow members!

Return to posts index

Michael Martin
Re: Sanken COS-11 / Countryman B6 / Tram 50 Question
on Apr 28, 2011 at 7:40:00 pm

I like the Sanken, using the rubber mount it's good for hiding under clothing, they sound nice and natural. Trams are nice sound but I don't like side-address mics for hiding due to clothing rustle. I have a couple Countryman EMW's and while they're nice for interviews they do color the sound slightly, I'm not sure about the B6. I would also recommend the Oscar Sound Tech TL-40, it's a very small lav, maybe smaller than the B6 I use them with Hush Lavs and the Sanken rubber mounts. They sound great and they only cost about $112 for the lav, connector for your choice of transmitter, foam windscreen, and a tiny Pelican Case.

I just went through a couple months of trial and error with these guys to shake out some issue when using the Sennheiser G3 transmitters. http://www.oscarsoundtech.com/

-Michael Martin
Martin Media Company LLC
Location Sound/Audio Post Production/Sound Design

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 29, 2011 at 12:09:31 am

Everyone in Hwood uses the Sanken right now I hear. Anyways- here's a pretty good comparison except for the Countryman-

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Michael Martin
on Apr 29, 2011 at 2:07:21 am

I saw your posting for this shootout on jwsound. Nice job.

-Michael Martin
Martin Media Company LLC
Location Sound/Audio Post Production/Sound Design

Return to posts index

David Jones
on Apr 29, 2011 at 4:20:11 pm

I have the Sanken and Sonotrims (Trams). I use the Sanken's for hiding ALL the time. I also use the rubber mount with a piece of Top Stick; works great! They also sound like a boom mic! Great for matching with shotgun and condenser mics.

Dave J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]