FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio cleaning software?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jonathan grant
audio cleaning software?
on Apr 23, 2011 at 12:40:04 pm

I'm editing audio for a feature film and there is a significant amount of electronic noise on the audio tracks. We used a zoom recorder which I think is responsible for it. I tried to get the producer to invest in an amp to boost the boom mic before going into the zoom, but he opted not to get it.

There are also a few tracks where there are some various outside a/c units in the background and things like that which just sound like white noise on the track.

I've used bias soundsoap2 (never used pro) in the past, but the results are often weird and unnatural sounding.

What's the best tool for removing this type of noise under $1,000? Soundsoap pro 2? Or is there a better one you would recommend?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
Re: audio cleaning software?
on Apr 23, 2011 at 4:00:59 pm

You can use a notch filter EQ for specific frequencies and a high-pass for low end rumble.

SSP Pro is okay for NR, but currently everyone is very hot on Izotope RX2. (RX2 = $300, RX2 Advanced = $1,100)

http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/rx/

One thing to keep in mind is not to make one pass trying to get rid of everything; several passes works much better

Peace,

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]