FORUMS: list search recent posts

pana tm300 external mic Q?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivo Dimov
pana tm300 external mic Q?
on Apr 18, 2011 at 10:00:37 pm

Hi there!
I`m using a panasonic tm300 camcoder with an akg wms 40 single set presenter as an external mic attached to it.
I`m kind of new to all this audio stuff going on around and I can`t make my way to hearing the right sound of the actor I`m recording.
The problem is that when I play the recorded video the audio is only being played from the front left channel of my system. I use Adobe Premier and Adobe Media Encoder (as a whole) to convert the AVCHD file and tried to convert the audio so that I can hear it from the center channel or the left and right as stereo but it didn`t work.
I have these mic setup in my recorder available when the external mic is attached: MIC LEVEL (db). This can be set to "AUTO" or "SET". When I go to the "SET" option I have all the 5 channels shown on the display. The problem is that it shows sound levels only on the front left channel and never on any other.
I have another option - AGC which as I said I`m not quite sure how I can use it.
So the sound I`m hearing is kind of... mono I guess. How can I have some kind of surround voice of the actor out of this?
Sorry for my not good explanation... If you need something else to know so that you can answer me - please ask.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: pana tm300 external mic Q?
on Apr 18, 2011 at 11:48:11 pm

You can change stereo panning in the audio settings of your editing software- look for the pan control then you'll be able to recenter it as desired.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]