FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is Beyerdynamic MCE86 a good replacement to ME66

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Edwards
Is Beyerdynamic MCE86 a good replacement to ME66
on Apr 5, 2011 at 4:07:44 pm

Hi,

Ive been offered a Beyerdynamic MCE86 for £80. I currently have a Sennheiser ME66. Has anyone any experience of the MCE86, is it a goog interview mike. Is the field narrower/tighter. Would it be a good upgrade or is it more of a complimentery microphone?

Regards,
Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Filmmaker
http://www.funkytwig.com

Return to posts index

Brian Reynolds
Re: Is Beyerdynamic MCE86 a good replacement to ME66
on Apr 7, 2011 at 1:06:28 am

On a weekly basis I will often use Sennheiser MKH416, MKH816, MKH60, MKH70, ME67(long version of the ME66), Beyer MC836, MC86II.

I bought a MC86 II (phantom only version) on ebay for a good price, I have found on the odd occasion it will give slight "crackle" but only with high humidity. The Beyer MC86 is probably on par with the Senn ME66.

But I still prefer the 416 for critical voice work.

I hope this sort of answers your question.... If you think its a good price and may suit your needs at some time grab it.

The difference between Knowledge and Wisdom is... Knowledge is the knowing of facts.... Wisdom is the sensible application of good quality knowledge...

Return to posts index

Joshua Mallett
Re: Is Beyerdynamic MCE86 a good replacement to ME66
on Jul 31, 2015 at 7:37:07 pm
Last Edited By Joshua Mallett on Aug 1, 2015 at 10:32:41 am

Not to re-hash an old topic, but I've been looknig for answers all across the internet for the last few years to NO avail. I'm looking for a shootout (or opinions) on two shotgun microphones:

Beyerdynamic MC836 vs Sennheiser MKH416

I own the Beyerdynamic MC836 (purchased some years ago), but I am now shooting my first feature length film with it...in ALL sorts of elements. I like it...but I feel like there's not enough high end crispness to it as well as it picks up too much off axis background noise. I'm thinking of selling it and getting the famed/industry standard Sennheiser MKH416, but need to know how much better than Sennheiser 416 performs, if at all, compared to it before I make any drastic jumps.

Can you please offer any insight?? Thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]