FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound Sweetening

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
Sound Sweetening
on Mar 26, 2011 at 7:50:10 am

Just finished watching the BTS footage on the "Unstoppable" Blu-Ray disc and there is a segment where Director Tony Scott, Denzel Washington, Chris Pine, and Rosario Dawson are sitting in a circle talking about the production of the movie. They are all mic'd with lavaliers. You can look at Rosario's hair and tell it was either windy or there was a breeze yet you don't hear any wind noise at all! I only used this movie as a point of reference since I just saw it but I have noticed that in a lot of other films and shows too like SURVIVOR. They shoot a ton of footage on the island near an ocean but the audio mixed so good its like they can take out or minimize the roar of the ocean or wind and you can clearly hear host Jeff Probst with no problem.

I'd like to learn more about how to get good clean audio like in situations I mentioned above. I am sure they use high end gear for movies and TV shows but can software like Soundtrack Pro be used to help reduce noise or get rid of extra noise?

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

Chuck Purnell
Re: Sound Sweetening
on Mar 26, 2011 at 7:49:50 am

I just realized there was a Apple Soundtrack forum, so I will post there...Couldn't figure out how to delete this post from this forum though!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]