FORUMS: list search recent posts

TASCAM US-122 mkII --- Windows XP Support?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Sorbin
TASCAM US-122 mkII --- Windows XP Support?
on Mar 23, 2011 at 3:43:49 am

Hi all,

I just purchased the TASCAM US-122 mkII USB audio interface.

I am running Windows XP SP3, on an AMD Phenom X4 (Quad Core) system.

The supplied driver CD did not install, says "installation failed", so I downloaded the latest drivers from the Manufacturer's website and tried installing, same problem. "Installation failed"

The manufacturer's website does seem to indicate that the device will run on Windows XP Service Pack 2 AND 3.

I did install on a Vista laptop, and it did install and Sony Vegas did recognize it (but the laptop is ill-equipped for sound recording).

Can anyone please help?

(I will also call TASCAM tomorrow. Kinda need to record something urgently, hence I thought it was worth posting here).

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: TASCAM US-122 mkII --- Windows XP Support?
on Mar 23, 2011 at 12:02:14 pm

Hello Adam and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

And welcome to the bleeding edge of technology. :)

The fact that drivers are still required for USB interfaces mystifies me.

Good to know about this problem. I'm a Mac shop so I can't offer you any suggestions, but it sounds like you're stuck. I've been successful with the Centrance Mic Port Pro for getting mic level signals into my Mac. Don't know if PCs have problems with it. Keep us posted.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Boulay
on Mar 23, 2011 at 1:22:21 pm

Hi Adam,

On Tascam's downloads site, there are drivers available in distinct 64-bit and 32-bit versions. The latest 2.02 version is only available for 64-bit systems. Windows XP 64-bit was a very marginal release and very few people are running it. I doubt that's what you're running, as you'd know from all the hoops you'd have to jump through every day. I think you're simply trying to install 64-bit drivers to a 32-bit system. The Vista laptop might be running Vista in 64-bit, which is much more common. Try installing the 32-bit 1.14 driver version from http://tascam.com/product/us-122mkii/downloads/.

IHTH,

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

Adam Sorbin
on Mar 24, 2011 at 10:42:37 pm

Thanks Ty and merci JC.

I have tried all of those drivers (32 Bit XP drivers) and it still says installation failed.

I do click "remove previous drivers" options on the installer before installing the new ones.

Oh, and it also doesn't work on other Windows XP pc's. Just works on Vista laptop.

TASCAM (teac corporation) hasn't responded to my help request yet, although it said "within 48 hours".

Am I doing something wrong?

Return to posts index

Abhimonyu Deb
on Mar 25, 2011 at 9:35:48 am

Hi,

I know this doesn't help much but I have a Tascam US-144 and it works fine with Windows XP SP2 and 3.

Return to posts index

Adam Sorbin
on Mar 28, 2011 at 8:31:29 pm

Hi Abhimonyu,

That actually does help! That means, it's probably my system.

Regardless, I returned the TASCAM and got a CakeWalk (Roland) interface. Loving it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]