FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wind problems with Trams best suggestions?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Hatcher
Wind problems with Trams best suggestions?
on Mar 14, 2011 at 10:32:48 pm

Hi guys. I've been doing sound for a little bit now and have most issues worked out that I've run into over the years. It still stumps me every now and then when I have a beach shoot with strong winds and have to hide my Tram TR-50 lavs. Now, I've messed with Windcats and the like before outside of clothing and never had much success, so I can't imagine them doing much more good tring to hide the little trolls. :)

Has anyone found a better solution that actually works. A lot of my shots I just can't boom because of how wide they are, else I'd use my trusty Senny MKH-60 with a zep.

Thanks guys in advance!
Hatch

Return to posts index

Mark Barroso
Re: Wind problems with Trams best suggestions?
on Mar 15, 2011 at 12:38:33 am

Go to your local fabric or crafts store and buy a piece of felt - they come in all sorts of colors. Cut a small piece and wrap that rascal. It will sound muffled but so will everything else you do to cut the wind noise. They can peak it in post.

Return to posts index

Dan Ostroff
on Mar 24, 2011 at 2:51:21 pm

You can also try, with the Tram mounted backwards in the vampire/leather clip/etc putting a small square of acoustifoam in the space between the Tram and the mount. Also was able to use a Rycote overcover in that space.

Return to posts index

Dan Ostroff
on Mar 24, 2011 at 2:57:32 pm

Sorry - meant Rycote Undercover...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]