FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser ENG wireless EW112-p G3 series

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jen McEvoy
Sennheiser ENG wireless EW112-p G3 series
on Mar 9, 2011 at 7:20:49 pm

Hello,

I just received two sets of the ENG EW112-p g3 series which includes a Ek 100 diversity receiver, SK 100 Transmitter, and a ME 2 mic. I have looked all over the web for a more information on how to use them and more info on frequency banks and frequencies but have not found anything. I need more information on what presets to use and what ones work the best. I am new to wireless mics and need as much info as possible because it is for a job. I was given two sets in case I need to mic more than one person up. I understand I have to have a seperate receive for each transmitter and do not know what to set them at so they will not interfere with each other. The wirless mics are going to be used in our new studio in an office building, at trade shows, and wherever else we see fit. The Senhheiser directions and website are confusing and do not go in depth. Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU!

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Sennheiser ENG wireless EW112-p G3 series
on Mar 9, 2011 at 10:57:22 pm

Ok,let's see if I can help you through the procedure. When you turn on just the transmitters are the frequency numbers in the display windows the same or different? If they are different then the matching receivers should be the same as it's transmitter. Each set should have the same numbers but different from the other set. If they are different than you're ahead of the game.

Go into the menu of each piece to set the sensitivity or RF output. Set the tx (transmitter)at -20 and the rx (receiver) at about the same. All is explained in the operating manual, just focus on one parameter at time. It's alot easier to talk than type so if you're really stuck call me and I'll try to talk you through the setup procedure.

Eric
954-255-7628

Return to posts index

Jen McEvoy
on Mar 10, 2011 at 1:51:59 pm

Thank you for responding so fast! The 2 transmitters and 2 receivers were all set to the same frequency 518.200 MHz when I turn them on. Is that a good frequency to set the one set and then go and change the other?

I can change the frequency bank to up to 12 channels 1. 518.200 2. 524.250 3. 530.1 4. 536.350 5. 542.9 6. 548.850 7. 554.1 8. 518.125 9. 516 10. and so on up to channel 12. 516.2
it says in the instructions that these channels are intermodulation free?

Then within the freq bank I can change the channels to go up or down after I pick a bank. I think I could just chose the presets but what I do not know if what the best freq bank is to pick for doing wireless interviews? Does it depend on my location, background noises, etc, or are their standard ones and I just don't know?

Last question. Should my squelch be set to low for best results?

Please let me know if you can answer any of my questions and I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP!

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
on Mar 10, 2011 at 3:44:57 pm

Leave one set at the factory setting of 518.200, change the other set to anything you want. If you get a clean frequency with out any RF noise you're good to go. If you have an RF problem do a frequency scan to find a clear channel. Keep the squelch at the lowest setting.

Eric

Return to posts index

Stephen Hall
on Mar 9, 2011 at 11:14:28 pm

You may also want to have a look at Guy Cochran's overview of the G2 wireless set. They're probably similar enough that it will be good jump start.

Cheers,

Stephen H
http://sound.facesproject.org/

Return to posts index

Doug Calhoun
on Mar 19, 2011 at 8:25:23 pm

This is a great site for setup etc.

http://soundandpictureonline.com/2010/12/sennheiser-g3-wireless-system/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved