FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser Lav mic problems. Or is it interference?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Ford
Sennheiser Lav mic problems. Or is it interference?
on Mar 6, 2011 at 9:10:30 pm

I just had a shoot where my Sennheiser EW 100 G2 system started acting up. The first 45mins of the shoot was in a hallway and there were no problems with the sound. Then we moved into a conference room where there was audio/visual equipment present. I didn't notice if the a/v equipment was on or not. After five or ten mins. I noticed that the audio would momentarily drop every 4 or 5 seconds. I'm not sure but it seemed that the time between the drops began to get shorter and shorter, or maybe I was just becoming more and more aware of the drops. The RF and AF lights would blink at the drops. Luckily I could get enough sound bites to do what I needed to do but now I'm not sure if the fault is with my system or interference from the a/v equipment in the room. I have never experienced interference like that before and to be honest I'm a little spooked about my equipment. I checked the system when I got home and there were no drop outs. Could it be that it's my equipment going bad and it only starts after the system has been on for a while? When I tested my equipment at home I did leave the system on for about 30min with no dropping. Or was this interference and if so does anyone have suggestions on how to get around the problem?

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Sennheiser Lav mic problems. Or is it interference?
on Mar 6, 2011 at 11:10:26 pm

If when you set up the same gear at home and you couldn't induce the same issues by jiggling cables, etc then I would blame your problems on the specific location. It could have been motion sensors, rf from other equipment or just the location of the room in the building.

A frequency scan would have shown you a clear path if you had time to do it. Of course keep your eye on your gear but I would chalk it up to a one time event. FWIW, we've all been there and done that, welcome to the club.

Eric

Return to posts index

Charles Ford
Re: Sennheiser Lav mic problems. Or is it interference?
on Mar 7, 2011 at 6:46:54 pm

Thanks Eric. I was concerned that I was going to need to purchase another system. Money's really tight now days.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]