FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to isolate center channel with iZotope RX 2?

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

Will Shilan
How to isolate center channel with iZotope RX 2?
on Feb 26, 2011 at 8:34:51 am

Hi,

I am trying to isolate the center channel of a track with iZotope RX 2, but I am not having any luck. I looked for a tutorial on how this can be done, but I can't find one even though people have stated that RX 2 has the ability to eliminate the left and right, leaving behind the center and vice versa.

The track (link below) contains music and sound effects. The music is completely in the center while the sound effects are in the left and right channels.

Does anyone know how or know of a tutorial that will help me isolate the center channel with RX 2?

Thank you very much!

Sample clip: 1680_originalclip.wav.zip

Return to posts index

Alexey Lukin
Re: How to isolate center channel with iZotope RX 2?
on Feb 27, 2011 at 2:46:39 am

RX 2 is not the right tool for this. You'll need iZotope Vocal Remover or Adobe Audition's Center Channel Extractor.

Return to posts index

Frank Nolan
on Feb 28, 2011 at 5:32:09 am

You may have a hard time extracting the center channel from this file as there doesn't appear to be one. It is a stereo file.

Return to posts index

Will Shilan
on Mar 1, 2011 at 4:06:40 am

It is a stereo file, but the only the sound effects are in stereo and the music is in mono. If you were to apply a vocal remover to the track, you find that only the SFX are left behind with the music completely eliminated. I am trying to reverse the process.

I will try out VocalEraser by RX and see if I get acceptable results. Adobe Center Channel Extractor didn't provide me with anything sufficient. I have noticed that some of these programs yield better results than others, so I am willing to try whatever is out there.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]