FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sennheiser Ew100 Em100

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Sornig
Sennheiser Ew100 Em100
on Jan 27, 2011 at 10:33:28 pm

Hello,

I have a Sennheiser EM100 receiver and a EW100 transmitter. This system works great for our church. Recently I was asked to get a second transmitter, so I bought another EW100 from ebay. I assumed that I could have both transmitters on at the same time, but I have not been successful in getting it to work. Well, sometimes one transmitter will be on and then the other will work. If I turn one of them off then everything works fine. Both transmitters work but not at the same time. Is there a special setting or do I need to get another receiver? Thanks for any help.

Jim

Return to posts index

Eric Toline
Re: Sennheiser Ew100 Em100
on Jan 28, 2011 at 3:32:07 am

Your problem is that both transmitters are on the same frequency. You can have one transmitter feeding many receivers (like television or radio does)but not the other way around. You'll need to get another receiver in the same frequency block. Then you will need to tune each set to different frequencys within the block.

Eric

Return to posts index

Peter Groom
on Jan 28, 2011 at 1:53:46 pm

AND to lessen the chance of problems, make sure you get another receiver from the same manufacturer / product range (if youre picking one up off ebay.) There is nothing to say that a different manufacturers frequency will be able to pick your sennheiser even though the freq may be the same!
Peter

Peter

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jan 28, 2011 at 4:54:09 pm

Hello James and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

What were you trying to do with two transmitters and one receiver?

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

James Sornig
on Jan 29, 2011 at 12:28:12 am

Hello Ty,

We want to have both transmitters working during our church service. I was hoping I only needed on reciever and both transmitters would be able to connect to it at the same time. Oh well, I will just buy another receiver.

Thanks,
Jim

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jan 29, 2011 at 12:33:43 am

You are correct, sir! :)

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]