FORUMS: list search recent posts

just got a Comrex DH20 how to use??

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alf Hanna
just got a Comrex DH20 how to use??
on Jan 5, 2011 at 11:10:09 pm

Hi folks, I'm mainly a video guy, do some audio, and just 'inhereted' a podcast setup from a friend who ran a small business operation that folded. He just said, come pick it up.

The only thing that appears to be of any value is a Comrex DH20. Now I now what it does, but how the heck would I use it with either a Final Cut Pro or Vegas Video (or Sound Forge) setup? (not that I expect you folks to know the details, but here's what I'm wondering...

I have the manual for the DH20, but not clear if I should then
run the xlr out through the M-audio box xlr inputs that came with this package? (the studio engineer is long gone)

Any ideas wouild be helpful. Thanks!

Alf

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: just got a Comrex DH20 how to use??
on Jan 6, 2011 at 4:25:53 am

Hello Alf and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

It's a telephone hybrid used for interfacing a telephone line to an audio recorder or console. Most are used in broadcast facilities to send studio audio to the person on the phone while the phe audio is routed to the air.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

Alf Hanna
on Jan 6, 2011 at 4:30:46 am

Thanks Ty, I got that from reading the manuals, and was more sort of looking for "local knowledge" from anyone that might be using this in a different way for podcasting or video production. I assume that if I were doing a live podcast capture, for later broadcast, that I might use this thing. My hunch is that I'll sell it to the highest bidder. But wanted to get a lay of the landscape before parting with a product that I might find a use for.

Alf

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
on Jan 6, 2011 at 5:08:45 am

If your podcast had phone in segments, it would come in handy there.

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]