FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove background music but leave vocals only

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anoop Sangha
Remove background music but leave vocals only
on Dec 25, 2010 at 3:07:01 pm

Hi,

I'm so sorry if I have posted this thread somewhere I shouldn't have...and I'm also sorry if this thread has been posted before, I just finding it hard and haven't had the time to browse through.

My question is, is there anyway I can sharpen the voice in a certain sound clip, and reduce the background noise, because I already know it's impossible to take out the background music entirely.

I have goldwave, but I don't know the procedures to actually reduce the background muic and sharpen the vocal part of this SOUND CLIP.

Would really appreciate it, and als, MERRY CHRISTMAS :) X

Truth is higher, but Higher is still truthful living.

Return to posts index

Richard Crowley
Re: Remove background music but leave vocals only
on Dec 27, 2010 at 6:01:41 am

There is a method of "vocal removal" where you mix Left and Right to remove anything that is in common (typically vocals are in the center). You could try doing the opposite (assuming the vocal is in the center.)

Return to posts index

Adam Johnson
Re: Remove background music but leave vocals only
on Dec 29, 2010 at 4:42:56 pm

You could also cut out all frequencies below 200 Hz and above 10kHz and bump up the EQ around 3kHz

that would at least cut out the bass and higher treble elements of the music and boost the voice frequency

and, you might want to try out Soundsoap .... it's fantastic at cutting out noise throughout the spectrum and could reduce some of the background music as well ..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]