FORUMS: list search recent posts

VegasPro9.0 - Audio turning from 2 CH stereo to 5.1

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
christo kasabov
VegasPro9.0 - Audio turning from 2 CH stereo to 5.1
on Dec 15, 2010 at 1:08:47 am

I bought the new camcorder and I can't turn the 2 ch stereo into 5.1 in Vegas Pro 9.0? If this is not possible to be done in Vegas what else is out there as an editing software.

chris

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
Re: VegasPro9.0 - Audio turning from 2 CH stereo to 5.1
on Dec 16, 2010 at 4:57:21 am

Are you expecting Vegas to automatically turn your stereo mix into 5.1? It doesn't work that way in Vegas or any other NLE or DAW.

There are plug-ins that supposedly will give a stereo mix a little 5.1 depth, although from what I've heard they really don't work very well. You can use a 5.1 reverb and send the reverb return to the rear surrounds for some spaciousness, but that is not the same as a 5.1 mix.

What actually happens is the individual audio elements of a multitrack audio mix are individually panned around the 5.1 (7.1, etc.) spectrum during the rerecording process.

Peace,

Bob

Return to posts index

christo kasabov
on Dec 16, 2010 at 5:16:09 am

Thank you Bob,
I did not expect it to be done authomatically but...to ne honnest I was hoping for some easier way. Unfortunatelly I cannot find it so I am going to return the camcorder tomorrow, NEX VG10 it's a new model with perfect picture but I really don't have the time to spend on the audio, without the 5.1 channels it is not of big use for me. SONY is not helping much neither over the phone or even in the store not one person who knows how it is done. So I am another one of these customers jumping ship, I will start looking for another brand , sad but true, every single equipment I have is SONY, now is time to move on.
Thank you for reading, I didn't mean to brag about it, and thank you for your response in the forum, it seems there are not many ppl who know about audio. Christo

chris

Return to posts index

Bob Kessler
on Dec 16, 2010 at 5:52:25 pm

I don't know of any cameras that record 5.1 sound, so a new camera won't make any difference. In fact there are only a very few mics that can record surround at all, the cheapest I know of costing around $3k; and you will still need a six channel audio recorder to capture all six channels.

Peace,

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]