FORUMS: list search recent posts

mini jack to XLR converter for Zoom H4N

COW Forums : Audio Professionals

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Lane
mini jack to XLR converter for Zoom H4N
on Dec 3, 2010 at 5:24:09 am

I have an Azden wireless lavalier with a mini jack input. I just bought a Zoom H4N and shoot a lot with the Canon D60. If I get a converter, could I feasibly hook my Azden into the Zoom's XLR input, and retain high audio quality? If not, any recommendations on wireless XLR mics below $400?

Also, using the above solution, could I sync the Zoom to my 60D with an attentuator cable and capture good quality audio?

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: mini jack to XLR converter for Zoom H4N
on Dec 3, 2010 at 6:57:22 am

If you are trying to adapt the lapel mic and cable from your existing wireless setup, I recommend just plugging the receiver's output into the the XLR input on the H4n (don't use the 1/4" input, as it is unbalanced and meant for High-Z sources like guitar pickups).

If you are trying to hardwire the lapel mic into the H4n, I recommend using a mic that can be adapted both ways - there have been many threads on this subject, do a search and see what comes up.

Use wired mics when you can and wireless when you must...wired connections are ALWAYS more reliable and simpler to troubleshoot.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Ty Ford
Re: mini jack to XLR converter for Zoom H4N
on Dec 3, 2010 at 4:19:46 pm

Hello Jack and welcome to the Cow Audio Forum.

Wolf has good advice for you and BTW, Azden is not very well regarded as a mic or wireless mfgr.

Regards,

Ty Ford

Want better production audio?: Ty Ford's Audio Bootcamp Field Guide

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]